Re: [SWISH-E:291] Re: Swish comments

From: Paul J. Lucas <pjl(at)not-real.ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Sat May 09 1998 - 00:18:13 GMT
On Fri, 8 May 1998, Scott Schultz wrote:

> I was a bit suprised by this thread, because there WAS a time when Alta Vista
> would report the number of matches on each word, and the fact that a word had
> been ignored due to too many matches.

	Oops.  I stand corrected.  It does tell you in teeny, tiny
	print at the bottom of the page.

> Personally, I like to know if I use a word that ends up being ignored. It
> helps me understand what's happening when a query doesn't return what I
> expect it to.

	Perhaps, but the fact remains that there's nothing you can do
	about it: if a word is ignored, it's ignored.  Period.  There
	does not exist another query that you could enter that would
	not have the word ignored.

	- Paul