RE: [SWISH-E:244] RE: Win32 Hangup

From: David Norris <kg9ae(at)not-real.geocities.com>
Date: Wed Apr 15 1998 - 13:47:35 GMT
>in other case you must change all fopen's to form fopen(fname,"wb") or
>fopen(fname,"rb")

Thanks for the help.  That was the problem.  I remember reading about this
in another list, as well.  I changed "r" to "rb", and, "w" to "wb" in
fopen().  It seems to be really slow when reading a directory, though.  That
may be dirent.  I noticed that the MSVC++ port is using a Win32 specific
header that contains the dirent structures.  Perhaps I will look into that
once I get the little bugs worked out.

Now that it works, somewhat.  It dumped core about 45 minutes into an index.
It is an access violation.  I am not sure what caused this.  It has
something to do with the directory it is reading.  It dumps on my XML
specifications directory every time.

,David Norris

Illusionary Web - http://illusionary.dyn.ml.org/ <-- 02:00 - 10:00 GMT
Video/Audio Phone - callto:illusionary.dyn.ml.org
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
E-Mail - kg9ae@geocities.com