Problems with keyword search

From: Dan Schmit <dan(at)not-real.system9.com>
Date: Thu Apr 09 1998 - 00:06:28 GMT
I recently downloaded and compiled swish-e on a Sun SuperSPARCstation20
running Sun Solaris 2.5.1.  Everything seems to work fine except that the
keyword search is not returning accurate results.  For example, if I have
a meta tag such as:

<HEAD>
<META name="topic" content="blue, green, white, orange, purple">
</HEAD>

A keyword search will return a positive result when the values are
searched individually, but not when more than one value is searched--i.e.
positive results when searching for "blue" but not "blue green" or "blue
purple white"

I have also used AutoSwish to generate the .conf file with similar
results.  Likewise, I have tried indexing different sets of files with
different keywords; results are similar in each case.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!