Index files?

From: NICKLAS ANDERSSON <x33381(at)>
Date: Fri Mar 27 1998 - 19:16:17 GMT

we are two students from Sweden studying in Granada, Spain
for the moment. We are doing our degree-project here and are
working with Swish. First we download a website with "wget"
and then we index the site with swish. Our problem is that
we would like so search the index file from a JAVA-program
directly to speed up the search-process. Is there any way
for us to get the information how the file is build up?
We would be very pleased if a friedly soul out there know
how to search directly in the index file.
Is the indexfiles for swish and swish-e build up the same way?

Thank you in advance!

  Nicklas & Michael