Re: [SWISH-E:205] Re: Context of hits

From: Jerry Stratton <jerry(at)>
Date: Sat Mar 21 1998 - 03:31:36 GMT
>On Sun, 15 Mar 1998, Paul J. Lucas wrote:
>>> I don't know what sort of overhead would be involved.
>>	Copying the first 50-100 words of every file into the index.
>There is another way... at least for text and html files.

Yes: You have to make sure that you don't use SWISH-E's filepath munging
features; do any munging in the cgi.

I have an example, the URL for which I've been trying to post for quite a
while (I hope this one goes through...). You can find it at by doing a search on "swish-e". Examples of the
script in action can be seen at (the original form
of the script for my personal use) and (a
modified form of the script for USD students).

jerry(at)    Negative Space
"One nativity was set in an abandoned junk-laden lot. Joseph wore a tuxedo,
tattered and dirty, with his hat in his hand, while Mary wore a torn and
stained white dress. Jesus was swaddled in newspaper and slept peacefully
in a shopping cart. Singing policement kept their watch by night. If you
wound them up, they sang the melody to "Silent Night". The three wise men
were there as well: they dropped coins into Joseph's hat."--It Isn't Murder
If They're Yankees