<title> displayed on search results

From: Milt Webb, IQ Software <milt(at)not-real.iqsc.com>
Date: Fri Mar 20 1998 - 19:38:53 GMT
I know I'll probably find the answer to this buried in the source but
thought I'd throw the question out to save time...

Am just implementing swish-e (used the old swish some time ago) and upon
making an initial test index and playing with the default search form and
program I notice that some of the files returned in the search display the
string appearing in the html <title> area and others only display the
filename. Is there a limit to the length of the <title> string? Many of my
files have very long titles.

Thanks,
Milt
milt webb - iq software corporation - 3295 river exchange drive
norcross, georgia usa 30092 - 770/446-8880x245 - www.iqsc.com