Query.pl for Swish-e

From: Maximo Migliari <support(at)not-real.cheathouse.com>
Date: Sun Mar 15 1998 - 18:10:07 GMT
Hey guys,

I have a virtual server, and my ISP told me I couldn't use query.pl anymore
because it was taking up too much processing power.  When more than, say, 5
searches were occuring at the same time, with swish files of arround 5
megs, it would take up almost 100% of the processor power.  Does anyone
know where I can find a more effictient version of query.pl???  Can it be
made more efficient?  Which other free search engine would be best suited
for my needs: indexing arround 10,000 text files.... it has to be VERY
efficient in terms of processing power.