Re: [SWISH-E:141] Mods to return "pages" of results

From: Paul J. Lucas <pjl(at)not-real.ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Fri Mar 13 1998 - 23:06:34 GMT
On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Scott Schultz wrote:

> A while back, someone was asking for the ability to list X records starting
> at position Y in the list of results. I recently needed this functionality
> myself, so I took a look at the maxhits code. It turned out to be a pretty
> easy patch to implement a "starting point" parameter for the results list.
> The patch doesn't reduce the number of files searched, it just ignores the
> first Y results. A new flag, -s NUMTOSKIP, is added. The current -m MAXHITS
> parameter is then used to limit the number of results returned.

	I've implemented this same functionality in SWISH++ 1.1b1 that
	is now available fom my software site (link available via the
	SWISH-E page).  Additionally, said enhancement also fixed a
	latent bug.

	I've also fixed a trivial bug in printing the usage message
	from 'search'.

	- Paul J. Lucas
	  NASA Ames Research Center		Caelum Research Corporation
	  Moffett Field, California		San Jose, California
	  <pjl AT ptolemy DOT arc DOT nasa DOT gov>