Re: Context of hits

From: Mark Fuller-ACUS10 <Mark_Fuller-ACUS10(at)not-real.email.mot.com>
Date: Thu Mar 12 1998 - 18:20:18 GMT
On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 8:28:46 -0800, pjl@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov wrote:
>On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Mark Fuller-ACUS10 wrote:
>
>> Does SWISH-E have the ability to display the context of found results?
>> If not, are there any plans to include this functionality?
>
>	I certainly don't plan on adding it to SWISH++ since it would
>	balloon the size of the index file enormously.

I was thinking more about Swish-E.  (I assume from this response
Swish-E doesn't display context?).  I don't know what sort of overhead
would be involved.  I believe GLIMPSE shows context, but not sure how
the index size compares to Swish-E, but they don't seem ridiculous in
size.  If such were possible in Swish-E it would be nice to have it as
a configurable option at least

Thanks,
Mark