memory leak in merge

From: Reino Va'inaste <reino(at)not-real.postimees.ee>
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 19:21:14 GMT
Hi!

it seems that, if you (i.e. me)  merge big files (37 + 5 Mb)
then you get "out of memory" errors

I traced malloc/free operations and found a lot of 12 byte
allocations left over

and it seems, that some hashlist init programs (initmarkentry() and
initmarkentryMerge() ) run through hashlist and free only first level nodes
leaving other nodes in list allocated :(

(freeindexentry() is good example how to free all nodes)

after patching 37 + 5 Mb  merge run through successfully

greetings everyone, Reino
Reino Všinaste ( reino@postimees.ee ) ph (372) 7 390 379
Postimees Gildi 1 Tartu Estonia
- Do you think there are people on other planets?
- I don't know. But if it's just us, it would be an awful waste of space.