Fw: [SWISH-E:166] Re: More?

From: Hadean Dragon <hadean(at)not-real.ican.net>
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 16:52:48 GMT
> There's no such thing as a small search engine.

And why not?  Anyways, I didn't mean it in that way..

> If by "everything" you mean "the entire web," then you'd have
> to retrofit stuff for doing HTTP connections out to the web.

That's what I thought...

> A really, really big one.  We're talking a really fast machine
> with gigs of memory and disk farms filling entire rooms.  You
> clearly don't appreciate the magnitude of the problem.  Got a
> few hundred thousand dollars to spare?

Well, I'm planning on getting a Sun SPARC 20 with dual 150mhz's, 12 gig hard
drive and about 256 megs of RAM... That should be more then enough to
accomplish my goals...  And yes, as a matter of fact, I do have a few
hundred thousand to spare..