Re: [SWISH-E:125] WORDCHARS oddity

From: Reino Va'inaste <reino(at)not-real.postimees.ee>
Date: Thu Jan 29 1998 - 16:50:05 GMT
>	Why is WORDCHARS defined to contain the octal codes for capital
>	letters?  Why not simply put the capital letters themselves?

yes,  codes C0..DF (capital) and E0..FF (lovercase) are doubled

>	Is WORDCHARS case-sensitive?  The comment in config.h implies
>	it isn't.

Hi!

if you use letters C0..FF, then

first of all you need modify  lower() function to handle properly lowercase
conversion (CD)x -->(EF)x

and then  add these letters to  indexchars[ ]  and increase respect. MAXCHARS

may be more

Gr-gs, Reino

>	- Paul J. Lucas
>	  NASA Ames Research Center		Caelum Research Corporation
>	  Moffett Field, California		San Jose, California
>	  <pjl AT ptolemy DOT arc DOT nasa DOT gov>

Reino Všinaste ( reino@postimees.ee ) ph (372) 7 390 379
Postimees Gildi 1 Tartu Estonia
- Do you think there are people on other planets?
- I don't know. But if it's just us, it would be an awful waste of space.