Re: [SWISH-E:115] Re: Indexing off-site html

From: Jim Winstead <jimw(at)not-real.dev.adventure.com>
Date: Fri Jan 09 1998 - 21:50:30 GMT
It indeed isn't difficult at all. One place to steal a handy fopen()
wrapper that handles URLs from is PHP3 (http://www.php.net/) in the
functions/fsock.c file.

Combined with some code that reads the files to index from another file,
you don't even really need to building the spidering intelligence into
swish. You just need a spider-like tool that can spit out all of the
URLs that you should then index.

Some day (hopefully sooner rather than later) I'll polish up all my
swish modifications and make them available.

Jim