Re: New release of SWISH-Enhanced

From: Craig A Summerhill <craig(at)not-real.cni.org>
Date: Fri Dec 26 1997 - 09:17:12 GMT
On Wed, 24 Dec 1997, Roy Tennant <rtennant@library.berkeley.EDU> wrote:

> We are pleased to announce that version 1.1 of the free Web site indexing
> software SWISH-Enhanced and its associated interface AutoSwish is now
> available at http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/SWISH-E/ . They run under Unix
> and Perl (only required for AutoSwish), and the current release has been
> installed on tested on Sun Solaris 2.5.1 and DEC Alpha 3.2.

Uh, Roy...

I have a question.  How come when I check the version on the *older*
version of SWISH-E I aleady have installed here (using the -V flag on
the compiled binary) it shows version 1.1.1?  And this new release you
are announcing is version 1.1?  Aren't we going backwards with regard
to version numbers?

Otherwise, have a happy holiday season.
--

   Craig A. Summerhill, Systems Coordinator and Program Officer
   Coalition for Networked Information