Re: [SWISH-E:66] a few quick questions

From: Craig A Summerhill <craig(at)>
Date: Fri Nov 14 1997 - 00:02:53 GMT
> >    1) I note that in the output of the swish-e stuff, the relevance
> >       scoring seems to have been dropped form the output.  E.g.
> >
> >          Score: 1000, Size: 1 kbytes, Type: HTML file
> >
> >       Was this a function of the WWWAIS gateway, or part of the
> >       original swish which you all have decided to drop?  I don't
> >       know that I really care -- in most cases the ranking was totally
> >       useless anyway.  The filesize indicator was kinda nice though.
> In swish-e, as in the swish version from which it was derived, the output
> of a search looks like this:
> 1000 /home/ghill/swish/dir5/records/53.html "53.html" 182
> ^^^^                                        ^^^^^^^   ^^^
> relevance                                    title    size

Now there's an idea Try running it in line mode.  How novel.  B^) So,
the reason I'm not seeing it is a function of the AutoSwish gateway
stuff which I installed.  I'll fiddled around with this later to see if
I can massage the output a little.

I finally found the manual, on my own, by the way...  Sorry for the
elementary questions.

   Craig A. Summerhill, Systems Coordinator and Program Officer
   Coalition for Networked Information
   21 Dupont Circle, N.W., Washington, D.C.   20036
   Internet:   AT&Tnet (202) 296-5098