Re: [SWISH-E:62] Coredump & index file empty

From: Giulia Hill <ghill(at)not-real.library.berkeley.EDU>
Date: Wed Nov 12 1997 - 17:42:07 GMT
On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, J.J. Merelo Guervos wrote:

> 1. Is swish still being developed, after swish-e? All statementes in
> the web page seem to be in the past: was being developed, and so on.

No, all the development is in swish-e.

> 2. Is there any information on the "guts" of swish? Or some kind of
> "programmer's" manual so that it can be used as a library.

The only documentation available is the one that you have seen on the web
site.

> 3. My real question: I am using swish-e for indexing on an Solaris
> 4-processor machine, and then using the indices on a Linux
> machine. Sometimes, I find a coredump, and then any search on the
> index, which seems to be complete, says "index file is empty", despite
> it takes 5 megs. Any ideas?

Have you tried to see what the index looks like by using the command
%swish-e -D index.file
on the Linux machine and on the Solaris to see if it  looks correct?

Giulia

/*  Giulia Hill                        Library Systems Office  */
/*                                     386 Doe Library         */
/*  ghill@library.berkeley.edu         U.C. Berkeley,          */
/*                                     Berkeley, CA 94720      */