Re: [SWISH-E:45] Re: Max (reasonable) size of index?

From: Roy Tennant <rtennant(at)not-real.library.berkeley.EDU>
Date: Sat Oct 25 1997 - 03:12:04 GMT
Yes, memory is an issue, as is time. Some of our indexes take hours to
complete (hey, isn't that why it gets dark at night?). I'm not sure of
the amount of RAM usage, but it must be considerable. One machine we are
using has 1 GB of RAM, so if we had a lot less I'm sure it would be
something to watch more closely.
Roy