Re: [SWISH-E:38] searching for "HTML" - all consonants

From: Giulia Hill <ghill(at)not-real.library.berkeley.EDU>
Date: Thu Oct 23 1997 - 22:40:58 GMT
Steven,

in the config.h file there is a variable to allow indexing of all consonants:

#define IGNOREALLC 0
** If IGNOREALLC is 1, words containing all consonants won't be indexed.

Have you checked that it is set to 0?

If you still have problems, send me the config.h that you are using, and
I will take a look at it.

Note that any word that is in a tag, i.e. <HTML>, unless the tag is either a
comment or a META tag, will not be indexed, so a search on HTML, if the
word HTML is only contained in the tags, will give no results.

Giulia

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Steven Rothe wrote:

> I haven't been able to search for words with all consonants, ie "HTML".
> I've played around with the config.h to allow words with all vowels,
> etc., and many other settings, but can't get it to work.  Any ideas?
> Please e-mail me - thanks in advance!
>
> Steven Rothe

/*  Giulia Hill                        Library Systems Office  */
/*                                     386 Doe Library         */
/*  ghill@library.berkeley.edu         U.C. Berkeley,          */
/*                                     Berkeley, CA 94720      */